Danger Babies are interns working as a team for The Dangerous Lee News and Entertainment Network. Positions are offered year round and interns must be at least 18 years of age. If you’re experienced in writing, graphic arts, marketing, editing and using those skills in new media there is a position for you!
Social Media Marketing Internship
Overall Job Description:
Interns for The Dangerous Lee News & Entertainment Network, also called Danger Babies, will work virtually under the supervision of Dangerous Lee by creating their own blog where they will write and promote featured press and engage readers via social media.
Benefits include college credit, creating a portfolio of your published work, working remotely, freedom and encouragement to express your thoughts and opinions; you’ll learn WordPress and more about the blogging and social media culture. Estimated weekly hours are 20 hours per week, unless you’d like to work more. There is a minimum 3 month commitment but there are opportunities to contribute longer.
Responsibilities include the following:
· Promote all websites in network to expedite growth
· Write demographic based featured content for network with the possibility to go viral – Conduct interviews, essays and how-to blogs (at least 3 a week)
· Create promotional copy and graphics
· Write keyword rich press releases that influence media coverage
· Create awareness with strategies that will strengthen the Dangerous Lee brand and increase readership
· Comment on other blog posts and articles to increase visibility
· Be active on Facebook and Twitter using #KeepitDangerous! hashtag
· Marketing, Journalism, Communications and Web Development majors with at least a 3.0 GPA
· Have a working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, MS Office Suite, and Basic HTML
· Impeccable research and communications skills, writes conversely
· Fast learner, team player, public relations
· Basic understanding of marketing/communication tools and techniques
· Report on effectiveness of campaigns and monitor trends in social media
To apply send resume, cover letter (including why you’re interested in the position) and writing samples to email@example.com.