The fashion world is known to be harmful towards Mother Nature in many diverse ways. From clothing landing up in landfills to questionable farming methods, it poses many controversial and environmental arguments. But there is some light at the end … Continue reading
There are many people today who think that there is a close relationship between rap music, street gangs and violence. These same people believe that rap is responsible for the rise in gang violence today as well. Others believe that … Continue reading
When I first heard the name Coachella, I thought it had to be the really mean coach of a ladies’ basketball team or a diminutive version of a high quality pocketbook. It turns out it is one of the most … Continue reading
Back when MySpace was the hottest social network on the WWW and he was a cast member on MTV‘s Wild ‘N Out, I met and hung out with Affion Crockett. He was a really cool dude and he didn’t try to sleep with me. I was very impressed by that! However, after meeting, we haven’t talked much. I wonder why?
Anyway, he now has his own show on FOX.
- Preview: ‘In The Flow’ w/ Affion Crockett! (thehiphopconsultant.com)
- Affion Crocket Spoofs Chris Brown & Drake’s ‘Marvin’s Room’ [Audio] (hiphopwired.com)
- Jamie Foxx, Affion Crockett Series Given Summer Green Light On Fox Network (tipdrillzonline.wordpress.com)
- “In The Flow With Affion Crockett” Launches With Special One-Hour Series Premiere Sunday, August 14, On Fox (tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com)
I am a little embarrassed to admit that I didn’t know as much about poet and songwriter, Gil Scott-Heron, as many others did as they talked about his recent passing, but as I read the comments about his work and how everyone was affected by it, I was able to experience how important he was to our culture. I was also able to see that I had been exposed to his work on several occasions throughout my life, but I did not have a name to go with the experience.
That’s a damn shame…
Also, am I the only one that thinks of Jill Scott when I see Gil Scott-Heron’s name?
- Gil Scott-Heron, Poet and Music Pioneer, Dies at 62 – NYTimes.com (exitlanguages.wordpress.com)
- Gil Scott-Heron, RIP (brooklynvegan.com)
I’m not sure if I’m offended that they didn’t use a Black woman or if I’m offended that they used a White woman, but the amount of grinding going on in this commercial is wild! Especially at the beginning, she’s grinding like Snoop Dogg is underneath her. Speaking of Snoop, he seems to be lending himself to many cornball projects lately. Charlie Sheen, now this? Oh well, gotta get paid! There are a few positives; her ass is covered, she’s not a size 2 and she’s not sexy. I’m sure this is an attempt to taker her grinding to a PG13 level.
Does her “Droppin’ it like it’s hot” make you want to taste Sun Drop?
- #Win And Juice: Charlie Sheen And Snoop Dog Hit The Studio (huffingtonpost.com)
- Sun Drop shakes its thing before the nation (adweek.blogs.com)