- You’ve never heard of it. When I saw it there were only three other people in the theater!
- You didn’t know Spike Lee was the director or you did know and didn’t give a shit.
- You didn’t see Spike Lee’s interview with Oprah. Had you seen it there’s a possibility that you would of been interested. It’s what got me to the theater.
- You’re not a fan of Josh Brolin. I admit he was not the best choice for the lead, but he did well enough.
- You hate violence on the big screen. (sissy)
Oldboy is described as a provocative, visceral thriller that follows the story of an advertising executive who is abruptly kidnapped and held hostage for 20 years in solitary confinement, but that description leaves out so many details. This movie has tons of twists and sick turns that will leave you mentally disturbed after watching. I describe it as a mindfuck!
Oldboy is also a remake of the 2003 South Korean film, Oldeuboi. I have not seen Oldeuboi, but since seeing Spike Lee’s version my interest in piqued. Spike’s version is catching hell from both critics and casual movie goers, but I loved it and I need to see it again to make sense of all the madness.