I’m really not sure why Hollywood felt the need to remake this one because it wasn’t earth shattering or anything very special about it. Lots of killing and blood, of course, but other than that it was just OK. I thought the plot (finding scattered bone pieces) was ridiculous because they should have been destroyed in the first place. Yea, I know, it’s a movie, common sense does not always apply.
Jason Momoa is very sexy as Conan and I am very happy that there was a sex scene, but I prefer the Arnold Schwarzenegger versions with Grace Jones and James Earl Jones. The older versions had better plots and cooler characters. The new Conan seems very cold and way too blood thirsty! But hey, he is a Barbarian…
I was also very shocked to see Rose McGowan in this film. It’s a huge departure from the roles she usually plays, so good for her. I am also happy that the new Conan has some ethnic flair. Lisa Bonet is a lucky woman!
Rating: 2 out of 5 stars
- Just How Many Deaths Are There in the ‘Conan the Barbarian’ Remake? (moviefone.com)
- Conan the Barbarian Tale of the Tape: Arnold Schwarzenegger vs. Jason Momoa (moviefone.com)
- ‘Conan The Barbarian’ Trailer (screenphiles.com)
- ‘Conan the Barbarian’ review: A killer boredom (sfgate.com)
- Jason Momoa Brings The Sexy To ‘Conan The Barbarian’ Premiere (socialitelife.com)