I am one Professional Speaker/Cartoonist who uses funny and relevant cartoons in all my presentations, memos and promotional activities. People begin to expect and really look forward to hearing from you when they know there will be a little humor attached to every message. As I always say:” Humor makes great things happen.”
Note: The New Yorker Magazine did a readership survey and found that the first thing their subscribers read was the cartoons.
Why Use Cartoons?
- Not only do cartoons get your message across but they also get and maintain audience attention. I try to use some form of humor every 6 minutes in all my speeches.
- Cartoons keep people on your page longer and direct their attention to a specific item or offer. They are also great at creating a sense of urgency.
- They make you and your offer stand out and in a world where we are exposed to hundreds of ads daily standing out is important.
- Cartoons are fun and people are attracted to what’s fun.
- We were all raised on cartoons and still find them captivating.
- People will remember you, your message, product and service because of your humorous ad.
- Cartoons are effective marketing tools. They make both you and your product unique.
- Cartoons entertain, inform and persuade in a gentle yet compelling manner.
- Cartoons are great ice breakers at a meeting or conference. They relax the audience, lighten the atmosphere, and make your reader/audience more receptive to you and your message.
- Cartoons deliver your message to your audience quickly.
Promotion Strategies Using Cartoons
- Use cartoons on your printed ads, fliers etc.
- Have a cartoon on your business card
- Use 10-15 cartoons in a booklet to give as a gift to customers. (Minimal printing cost – maximum gain)
- Hand out cartoon CDs to your customers/clients as a promo item.
- Use cartoons to make your webpage come alive and keep potential clients on your site longer.
- When you promote an event or sale use cartoons on your posters.
- Never create an ad without a funny cartoon.
- Just before your speech ends project a cartoon on the screen that promotes your speaking service and gives your contact information.
- Use a cartoon on promotional items like those listed below:
In all communication with friends, clients and customers use a cartoon.
It is always suggested that your promotional activities should always make you stand out from the crowd and using cartoon humor does exactly that.
For more on this subject visit: Motivational Plus
Mike Moore is a Canadian motivational speaker who is committed to helping speakers and presenters get started in the business of speaking. http://motivationalplus.com/cgi/a/t.cgi?speakbiz