They’re in love. The only reason their relationship is in the closet is because of politics. Lots of politics: he’s already married with children, he’s the President of the United States and he’s a White man. All these things and then some are keeping them from being in a happy relationship. Many of you are rooting for Mellie and only see Olivia as a side piece, but even Fitz’s wife knows better. His marriage is a sham and if he were not ruler of the free world, Fitz would divorce Mellie and marry Olivia before his signature was dry on the divorce papers.
Shonda Rhimes says she knows exactly how the show will end and I think it will be a happily ever after scenario, or at least I hope so. If we can’t get the Happily Ever After in the make believe world of television drama then what’s the point? Think about it…so many people are unhappily married, but stay together for things like religion, children or financial security. Is it ever worth it for those reasons? No! What about love? Passion? True devotion?
Mellie deserves her Happily Ever After too! She’s catching hell in her facade as the happy and perfect First Lady. She needs to be free to pursue true love and happiness with someone who loves her the way she should be loved. I think it would be great for her to also fall in love and have an affair. That would definitely add to the Scandal and it’s only fair. What’s good for the goose is always better for the gander.
- ESSENCE Poll: Are You Team Mellie or Team Olivia? (essence.com)
- The Real Scandal: Homewreckers Are NOT Heroines! (blogher.com)
- An Open Letter to Olivia Pope: It’s Time to Stop Taking Fitz’ Calls, Girl! (essence.com)
- Pimpin’ Fitz: President Grant’s Best Scandal Moments [PHOTOS] (hiphopwired.com)
- Is Khandi Alexander Rooting for Mellie? (essence.com)
- Scandal: The Best and Worst of Feminism in One Show (feministmillennial.wordpress.com)
- I’m Falling Out of Love with Olivia Pope (clutchmagonline.com)
- The 24 Fiercest, Most Empowering Olivia Pope Quotes (thoughtcatalog.com)