How would you like to never again pay for deodorant, toothpaste and toothbrushes? Well, you can get these for free and much more when you use Register Rewards at Walgreens. It sounds impossible, I know, but I’m going to show you how.
Register Rewards at Walgreens can be used just like cash. Here’s how it works:
Walgreen’s weekly ad will tell you which items have Register Rewards for that week. When you purchase an item that has a Register Reward, your Register Reward will print off with your receipt. You can then use it just like cash on your next transaction.
- Let’s say that Colgate toothpaste is on sale for $1.99. You have a $1 off coupon, and there is a Register Reward for $1. When you check out, the $1 coupon will be taken off and you will owe $.99. You pay the $.99 and get back a $1 Register Reward for your next purchase. It’s just like you got your toothpaste for free!
- Now, remember to save that Register Reward someplace safe. A Register Reward is just like cash and cannot be replaced if you lose it. I keep mine in a little plastic folder that’s small enough to keep with me at all times.
- Once you have your Register Reward, find another item that is on sale and that offers a Register Reward, such a deodorant. Let’s say the deodorant is $1.99, you have a $1 coupon, and it offers a $1 Register Reward. When you checkout, you will use your coupon which takes the price down to $.99. Then, you will hand the cashier your $1 Register Reward from your last transaction instead of cash. You will get your deodorant for free, and have a $1 Register Reward. You can see how it’s easy to build a stockpile of free toiletries.
Rules for Register Rewards:
- Walgreen’s does not allow you to use more coupons than items being purchased. For example, if you are buying three items you can only use three coupons. Your Register Reward will count as a coupon, so be sure to remember that when planning your transaction. If you have more coupons than items, pick a filler item such as a piece of candy.
- Each Register Reward you earn will have a company name printed across the top. Be careful to not use your Register Reward on an item that is from the same company. If you do, you won’t earn another Register Reward. For example, if you use a Register Reward from Colgate on a Colgate item, it won’t print another Register Reward. So be sure to use your Register Reward from Colgate on your deodorant etc.
Walgreen’s Register Rewards are offered on many other items such as medicine, cereal, hair care, snacks and more. Remember that Register Rewards do have an expiration date that is about two weeks after you earn them. Be sure to keep an eye out for the expiration date, and don’t let them go to waste. Couponing with Register Rewards at Walgreens is really easy, and can be a fun way to meet your family’s needs.
Author Byline: Ashlee is the Chief Coupon Officer for Coupon Community. She loves to write on money saving tips. She recently wrote an article on how to use CouponSuzy.com.