Packaging items is the main use for bubble wrap, but it can be used for so much more. No one can resist the urge to pop the bubble wrap because it is so much fun, however, there are many other ways to use bubble wrap, for both fun and handy uses. Many people do not know that bubble wrap was originally created to be used as wallpaper, so here are ten more fun and handy uses for bubble wrap.
- Calendar – Create a calendar and cover it with a sheet of bubble wrap so you can pop a bubble everyday. Resist the urge to pop all of the bubbles for the month.
- Halloween Costumes - make a costume out of bubble wrap. It does not matter how you use the bubble wrap to make the costume. Just make sure your face is not covered; this could be very dangerous.
- Insulation – If you have a pet house in the garden, then you can line the inside with bubble wrap for insulation.
- Windshield Cover – If you hate dealing with icy windows in the morning before work, then stick a sheet of bubble wrap over the windshield to prevent it getting icy. This means you can just get straight in your car and get to work.
- Safety – If you have not got around to purchasing knee or elbow pads for your children, then bubble wrap would have similar effects while you find the time to go out and get these necessities.
- Child-proofing – If you have a child that has just learned to walk, then it may be a god idea to child-proof your house with bubble wrap, for example cover table corners with bubble wrap to save your child from an injury.
- Games – Try creating a game. You might be able to come up with something cheap and fun that the whole family can enjoy.
- Art – There are a number of things you can do with bubble wrap for art purposes, for example, you can create sea creatures, like a fish or a jellyfish. The bubble wrap would represent the fish scales and add texture to your creation.
- Decorating Tool – You can use the bubble wrap for a decorating tool, for example, if you paint the bubble wrap and then put the wet side on a piece of paper, then it is going to create a polka dot effect. This is a cheap tool to create an effective design.
- Gift Wrapping – The obvious use for bubble wrap is packaging, but gift wrapping can be different. You can actually wrap presents in bubble wrap for a different effect. Once someone has opened the present, they can then have fun popping the bubble wrap. 2-in-1!
Popping bubble wrap is one of the most simple and fun activities we all enjoy doing, but instead of this, you could try using it more something else, like any of the ideas listed above. Some of them may not be fun uses, but they are handy uses that are inexpensive and can save you buying more items for the same function as bubble wrap.
About the Author: Melissa is a creative person and loves to do and write about anything creative. One company she recommends for supplies is Davpack. They provide a variety of packaging equipment that can also be used for creative things.
- Bubble wrap typography by Lo Siento (lostateminor.com)
- There’s A Reason Bubble Wrap Comes Wrapped In Bubble Wrap (businessinsider.com)
- Winterizing part 2 (tangosgoingons.wordpress.com)
- Entire street covered in good old bubble wrap (lostateminor.com)