The perfect manicure can provide us with a real feeling of both composure and elegance. You never see a celebrity on the red carpet without their tantalizing talons filed, buffed and painted to perfection. The cost of a regular salon manicure will soon add up and it is unnecessary to pay so much for such a simple process. You will be surprised at just how quickly and simply you can make your nails look as good as any over-priced celebrity manicurist could, in the comfort of your home and at a fraction of the cost. Plus, regular home treatments will help your nails grow not only quicker, but also stronger. If nails are brittle and untreated they will be more likely to split or flake, but if they’re moisturized, and properly cared for nails will grow to be more flexible which means less breakages and splits!
Follow these simple steps and give your fingers the A List experience:
- Firstly, file your nails into a soft edged square shape, known as a Squoval. Move the file gently in one direction, aiming toward the center of each nail edge so as not to go against the grain of growth. If you rub the file harshly backward and forward you will make your nails flaky and weak.
- Using an exfoliator, massage the nails and buff using a nail brush or old tooth brush to remove any dead skins cells.
- Soak your nails in warm oil for around five minutes. Alternatively, you can massage in a moisturizing nail and hand cream and bathe your nails in warm water.
- Using the nail brush or toothbrush, buff your nails again to remove any oil/moisturizer residue tat may have been left over.
- Now your cuticles are suitably softened, push them back gently using an orange stick.
- Using a base coat, put two layers onto your nails, followed by two layers of your chosen color. Finally a strong top coat will give the color extra endurance, chip resistance and shine.
Good nails go with any outfit or occasion, from a day on the beach to a night out. Even if you haven’t got a celebrity packed event to go to this summer, the warm weather means your nails will be growing at their fastest, so a weekly home manicure will help them stay looking perfect, just in case that invitation comes through your door.
For more beauty and makeup tips and products take a visit to freemakeupsamples.me.uk where they update daily with the latest free beauty products from across the internet.
- Lady Gaga’s Manicurist Shows You How to Do Nautical Nail Art, Step by Step (bellasugar.com)
- Nail Trends (prettypost.me)
- 5 steps to DIY Manicures and Nail Art (sarabozich.com)