The people who are successful in business have a different approach to their work than most. Successful people tend to share the same beliefs and they act on those beliefs. That’s what makes them able to persevere and overcome obstacles to achieve their goals. Let’s look at some of the beliefs of successful people.
1. Successful people complete tasks quickly. If they are given two weeks to complete a project, they only take as long as the actual task requires. They do not procrastinate like the average person who actually takes two weeks to complete a task even if it only takes three hours of work.
2. Choose the people that you surround yourself with. Most people complain about their friends and their co-workers but never actually do anything about it. Successful people make sure to surround themselves with people who have the same goals and values. If you are not happy with your social group, make the changes you need in yourself so you can attract the kind of people you want.
3. People who are highly successful do not have a sense of entitlement. They are not afraid to roll up their sleeves and lend a hand when required. They do not worry if they have paid their dues. They pay their dues every day and contribute in some way. It does not matter if you have paid your dues but have nothing to contribute today.
4. It does not matter if you have 10 years of experience in a profession. What is important is what you have actually accomplished in those years. A person with 10 years of experience in computer programming could be the worst programmer ever. Years do not count but accomplishments do.
5. People who are successful are willing to admit when they make mistakes and learn from them. They accept failure as something that they are responsible for and not something that just happens to them. Most importantly, they learn from their experience. Most people blame everyone and their mother when they fail at something and never learn to take responsibility.
6. Volunteers are the people who always succeed. Those who raise their hand and are willing to take a risk instead of sitting quietly in the back of the room are the ones that get ahead. Success depends on action.
7. Be willing to go the extra mile for customers who pay a fair price. As long as there is nothing unethical involved, be willing to do something extra for customers. Deliver outside your normal territory and add extra services.
8. People who pay you have a right to tell you how they want their business conducted. When people who pay you expect things done a certain way, do them that way. You can be quirky and have it your way in your free time but not on someone else’s.
9. Always go the extra mile because so few people do. The extra mile is vast and unpopulated and filled with opportunities. Stay late, start early and do more than expected and you reap the rewards.
Author Info: A special thanks to Louis Rix, financial expert at CarFinance247.co.uk, who specialise in providing car loans for people with bad credit for contributing this article for our readers.